The liner plate of cone crusher, i.e. the smash mortar wall and crushing wall, has the function of lifting the grinding media, grinding the ore and protecting the grinding cylinder. When choosing the cone crusher liner, users must consider three factors: output, power consumption and wear resistance. Generally, the liner is selected according to the principles of maximum feed size, change of particle size, distribution of feed size, hardness of the material, wear resistance of the material, etc. The longer the liner, the higher the power consumption.
Cone Crusher Liner Plate – Role
The role of the cone crusher liner is to protect the barrel from direct impact and abrasion by the grinding body and the material, it can also use its different working surfaces to adjust the working condition of the grinding body to enhance the crushing effect of the grinding day on the material, improve the grinding efficiency, increase the output, and reduce the loss of media and liner.
Cone Crusher Liner Plate – Replacement
The liner plate of the cone crusher can be used with the tooth plate turned around or with both upper and lower plates turned around when the wear does not reach the level to be replaced. When the liner plate of the cone crusher is worn to 65% to 80% of its thickness or when the local wear depression deformation and rupture, then it should be replaced. After installing the liner plates, check whether their centers are correct. If the center is not correct, it will cause collision when rotating, uneven product size, and cause the friction parts in the machine to heat up and other failures.
Cone Crusher Liners – Materials
Cone crusher liners used to be made of high manganese steel and modified high manganese steel, carbon alloy steel and chrome cast iron. Nowadays, in order to improve the service life of the liner plate, Hongxing Heavy Industry generally adopts manganese steel containing 12% or more manganese, which forms hardenability and wear resistance toughness on its surface under strong impact load.
Cone Crusher Liner Plate crusherparts.org – Selection
Yield of liner plate: A crushing manufacturer mainly depends on the production output of the crusher, and the production output of the crusher is also directly related to the liner plate of the cone crusher, the higher the output of the liner plate the lower the production cost of the crushing manufacturer, thus increasing the profit margin.
Power consumption of liner plate: the longer the liner plate, the higher the power consumption. Choose short liner plate for hard material, long liner plate for soft material: short liner plate for fine material, long liner plate for coarse material. Users should choose the correct liner plate according to their needs.
The wear resistance of the liner: the different materials used in the manufacture of the liner, its wear resistance is also different, the liner is often subject to strong impact, easy to produce serious wear, which will lead to uneven product size, productivity decline. This will lead to uneven product size and lower productivity. It will bring unnecessary economic loss to users. Therefore, users should pay attention to the wear resistance of the liner plate when choosing it.
Cone Crusher Liner Plate – Installation Method
(1) Install dry ice into the bore of the bushing to be installed so that the diameter of the bushing is reduced by the cooling. A small amount of packing can be added to the bushing to make full contact between the dry ice and the bushing.
(2) Fill the dry ice and then wrap the bushing together with the dry ice inside with canvas as a whole to prevent frosting on the outer surface of the bushing.
(3) The cooling time is two hours. This can be done by measuring the diameter of the bushing to determine if it has cooled sufficiently.
(4) If it is determined that the bushing has cooled sufficiently, it should be quickly installed into the bore of the frame. Once installed in place, the upper surface of the frame bushing should be flush with the upper surface of the frame bore. If difficulties arise during assembly, a wooden hammer may be used to hammer slowly and evenly on the upper surface of the bushing until the entire bushing is assembled in place.
(5) After the bushing is assembled in place, the liner is generally fixed with molten zinc alloy filler.
Parts that need to be serviced when replacing
When replacing the liner, you must also check the wear of the fixed cone, adjusting ring and locking ring threads. Damage to the tooth threads is mainly caused by frequent overloading or jumping of the adjusting ring caused by over iron in the cone crusher.
Check the wear of counterweight and counterweight guard, if it is found that the counterweight guard is seriously worn, it should be replaced immediately.
When changing the bronze bushing under the moving cone and eccentric bushing, the inner diameter of the moving cone and the inner diameter of the eccentric bushing must be checked first to see if they meet the standard requirements, and then install the new bushing. When installing the new bushing, the new bushing must be cooled with dry ice or liquid nitrogen for at least 2 hours, and then freely installed into the cone and eccentric bushing, and cannot be installed by hammering or pressing. Before installing the dynamic cone assembly and eccentric bushing assembly, the outer wall of the eccentric bushing and the main shaft must be cleaned to remove debris and scratches. After replacing the bronze bushing of the moving cone and eccentric bushing, when running the crusher, it must be broken in according to the operation procedures.
Check the wear of the lower frame bar guard plate, drive shaft frame guard plate and main frame guard plate, and replace them if necessary.
Check all hydraulic hoses for leakage or damage, and replace them if necessary.
When crusher size umbrella teeth, the top and side gaps of the teeth must be adjusted. The tooth clearance can be adjusted by increasing or decreasing the shim of the lower thrust bearing.
Manage the horizontal shaft blower filter to prevent the filter from being blocked and avoid dust from entering the crusher and polluting the lubricating oil.
Try the indicator light of the hydraulic station button box to see if it is working normally.
Check whether the temperature sensor, pressure sensor, gear counting device and material level meter sensor are working normally, if they are damaged, they need to be replaced.
Judgment of wear degree method
1、After the crusher discharge opening is adjusted, make a mark to the support sleeve in a fixed position of the flange of the adjusting cap, indicating the initial locking position.
2、When the adjusting cap is adjusted to turn over the new locking position, the adjusting ring is also adjusted in the vertical direction.
3、During normal operation, the exact number of locking position should be recorded accurately when using the first set of liner. Record each locking position until the liner is scrapped. Since there will not be two identical crushing operations, the type, thickness and casting tolerances of the liners used range widely, so it is impossible to predict in advance how many locking positions a set of liners can pass through before they are scrapped.
After the liner is worn and scrapped, record the number of teeth that have been turned before turning the adjusting ring ready to unload the liner. To draw a short horizontal line with paint on the adjusting ring hopper to indicate the location of the adjusting cap seal.
5、After installing the new liner, also insist on making a record of the locking position for comparison, then the wear degree of the liner can be determined. Every time the discharge port is adjusted (reduced), the adjusting ring hopper is moved downward once. As the liner approaches its wear limit, the markings painted on the adjusting ring hopper will be indicated. Since no two sets of liners will wear the same, after a few sets of liners, a fairly accurate average position can be determined.
Thus, regularly making records for the wear of cone crusher liners, on the one hand, can quickly determine the failure of the equipment, timely detection and timely solution. The second is to replace the faulty parts in time, which is beneficial to the output of the whole production line. And also reduce a lot of maintenance time.
Cone crusher liner – locking device
Defects before modification
When the cone dynamic cone liner is assembled, the dynamic cone head is firstly tightened to make it have a certain pre-tightening force with the spindle screw, and the liner is fixed with the stop gear after tightening, and then zinc is poured to fill the space between the liner and the carcass to cushion the impact of the liner on the carcass and prevent the liner from shattering. But it has great defects, mainly in two aspects.
(1) Since there is no testing tool for the preload between the dynamic cone head and the spindle thread, the maintenance workers grasp it by experience in actual work, and the preload does not reach the technical requirement after the gear of the stop gear and the gear of the cone head are meshed.
(2) The direction of rotation is clockwise (from top to bottom) when the cone is running under no load, and counterclockwise when it is running with load. And there is a gap between the stopping gear of the cone head and the stopping groove of the spindle. When the load situation changes, the cone head and the dividing disk swing left and right relative to the spindle, causing the stopping gear and the stopping groove of the spindle to wear, thus expanding the swinging range of the cone head.
And these defects can cause some problems.
(1) causing the liner to loosen or break.
(2) aggravate the wear of the cone body.
(3) Can cause zinc leakage.
(4) Wear of the main shaft area and shortening of the service life of the stop groove.
(5) increase the difficulty and cost of maintenance.
(6) shorten the maintenance cycle, increasing the labor intensity of the maintenance workers and restricting the normal operation of production. For this reason, the dynamic cone liner locking device must be modified.
After long-term observation, it was found that the wear of the stop groove on the spindle was the direction of the cone head screwing. Thus, it was judged that it was caused by the stop gear. In the heavy load operation of the cone, the cone head cannot be screwed tightly, thus causing the wear of the stop groove and the stop gear. Then the transformation method is.
(1) remove the stop gear, in the case of heavy load, the use of the distributor and cone head rotation automatically tighten, even if the preload does not meet the requirements, as long as a load operation, can be tightened cone head, to achieve long-term use requirements.
(2) In addition, a fusion ring is added between the cone head and the pressure sleeve to facilitate the pressure between the cone head and the liner plate to be removed when the liner plate is replaced.
The modified liner locking device avoids spindle thread wear and liner loosening, and the greater benefit is that before the liner is damaged, the cone head and spindle have no relative motion, which will not cause serious spindle thread wear, the cone head will not swing, the liner will not loosen, the liner will not easily break, and it saves maintenance costs. It makes the maintenance cycle longer, reduces the labor intensity of maintenance workers, and guarantees the normal operation of production.